Tuesday, January 25, 2011





My first assignment deals with isolating your object using shallow depth of field which is a great method of creating a concentrated focus within an image. I have the luxury of endless possibilities which can sometimes make it a challenge to narrow down your conceptual ideation.

Check out this site :


This is a great recourse to view some historical imagery, creating somewhat of a timeline of photography. You will recognize many photographs but some were new to me and possibly to you.

I was personally drawn to the image above by Chris Killip who is well known for shooting in North East England during the industrial decline in the 70's and 80's. Obviously a great example of a shallow depth of field along with other compelling aspects.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked at Chris Killip much. Thank you. Really great.

    ReplyDelete