Thursday, February 10, 2011

Since nothing is happening here, I thought I would put up a snap I shot this in Southern California. I consider this to be one of my best images. There is no end to the fascinating photographs nature has to offer. Before I fell into photography, I foolishly thought I could be a commercial artist. I look for lines and light when I shoot. When I learned this business, I was told, "if you can shoot good black and white, color will be easy." In those days, "serious" photographers shot B&W. In the early seventies, art photographers, at least within the world of commercial shooters, were looked down on. The real photographers shot advertising for money. Thankfully, I have abandoned that idea. Photographs are a means of taking a moment and freezing it forever. Does not matter whether it's a wine bottle or people walking in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment